Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Table for 50? Almost!

Well, preparation for our thanksgiving dinner of 40 some family and close friends is in place. I will probably make more cranberry sauce today than I have in the past year combined and will be spending more time than ever in the kitchen over the next few days. Of course, I love being in the kitchen but at times, even I want to step out for a little while after all this. As of now we have two large turkeys and two turkey breasts sitting in our refrigerator. Nothing unusual for our thanksgiving, but it certainly puts the size of the gathering into perspective. From now until 2:00 tomorrow we have a long list of various things to get done from setting up tables to cooking up a storm. My mom and I are an unstoppable team in the kitchen and my dad helps on the sidelines. My brother, well, that's another story. He is graces us with his presence and occasional laughs to keep everyone in check, but as far as the kitchen goes, he needs some training. Oh the things he will learn one day. As far as our other "member" of the family, our dog, he is just puzzled by the whole experience and probably thinks we are all going crazy.

Anyway, I genuinely enjoy the holiday season and I think Thanksgiving is the event to start it off. Among the various things I am thankful for, family and good memories are certainly among them.

If I get the chance I will post a few pictures. Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit too, no matter  what you celebrate or how you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment