Monday, April 1, 2013

It's (finally) Feeling Like Spring!

Though I would not call it warm and sunny quite yet, today has given me a glimpse of spring that I have been longing for since February. Don't get me wrong, I love winter around the holidays and there is nothing like an occasional snowfall, but considering my harsh feelings toward freezing cold temperatures, I am ready for spring once March gets here.

Today also happens to be my birthday (yes, its April fool's day) so I guess maybe that was a little gift to me. This week I will be starting a few plants indoors for our vegetable garden that I will occasionally post pictures of on here as things get going. This year I have decided to try something new; canning. I make home made tomato sauce all the time and I love a good spread of fruit preserves. Canning supplies was a part of my birthday gift this year. My next task is to read up on it so I can know what I'm doing and be ready to start this summer. Stay tuned for that one!

Happy April!


No comments:

Post a Comment