Monday, April 8, 2013

Getting Garden Happy!

Today we have officially hit 80 degrees here and it was beautiful out. Still hard to believe that a week ago we  woke up to a few 30 degree mornings but, regardless, I'm feeling Spring-y (not a word, I know). A few days ago I got some seeds started indoors and the garden already has a few things planted in it. We usually plant a few Spring vegetables early in the season knowing that if a frost does happen to come through, you simply plant over again. Sometimes cold weather want's to make one last appearance before Spring totally sets in but we have actually been lucky in the past.

Throughout gardening season, we plant a LOT and are garden is usually booming. Here is the long list of goodies we have available to us just feet from our house:

Tomatoes (several varieties)
Spinach
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Sugar snap peas
Green beans
Lettuce
Cucumber
Peppers
Basil
Oregano

...and a few extras we like to try out here and there. Some years we will try some new herbs while others my dad will plant radishes. One day, (who knows, maybe this year) I will try out a few berry bushes, but considering I could eat a pound of strawberries in one sitting, I am not sure if it would be worth it. I will have to look into that one. Anyways, here's the garden all ready for some goodness! The garden happens to be in our side yard rather than back, so my house is not in the picture, but it is just a few steps away from it....can't ask for much more...



No comments:

Post a Comment