Monday, December 3, 2012

Kitchen Talk - Odd Food Combinations

I am currently working in a cafe until I finish school and establish myself. Today, one of the customers ordered a bagel. Nothing unusual, until they asked for mustard and a packet of pepper. Granted, there is nothing wrong with this, but it is certainly one of those combinations that raise your eyebrows. It is well known that a pregnant woman can acquire a taste for some unique food assortments, but this individual was clearly not experiencing a pregnancy. The customer seemed to be in a positive mood and all so I jokingly made a comment as to how "creative" it was. This actually sparked a pretty interesting conversation in regards bizarre food combinations people are simply crazy about. Hot sauce on just about anything and cumin sprinkled on ice cream? Apparently it appeals to someone! As far as food combo's go I don't think I have a favorite that would be considered too out of the ordinary. I know. Boring sorry. If I would never even consider putting something together, I typically don't bother. I can be creative when it comes to food and cooking but daring is not necessarily appealing to me. Even when it comes to exotic foods. I admit it, I definitely don't go there. A tropical fruit, bring it on, but chocolate covered bugs and such is a polite "no thanks" in my book.

So as I said I think this can bring on an interesting conversation and if you happen to be one that jumps for some crazy combinations (or "uncommon" foods in general), I'd like to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment