Monday, December 24, 2012

A Snowy Christmas Eve

I can't tell you how happy I am to see falling snow on Christmas eve. As long as my visiting family members are not forced to camp out in our family room, its exciting to see snowfall on the holiday. It may not turn into a "white Christmas" but this is close enough for me. I would say that our area typically gets a majority of our snowfall in January and February so we have not seen snow for Christmas in a little while. Although we don't always get together on Christmas eve, my mom's side of the family stops by around the holidays to exchange presents and sip on hot spiced cider.

Despite the fact that I am in my early 20's I still like to wake up in the morning and open gifts just like I did as a kid. There are some things that I just don't think have to change as you get older, including the tags on my presents that say they came from Santa. I would not have it any other way.

Tomorrow morning I will be up early to make homemade cinnamon rolls at my brothers request and if I get the chance I will share a picture. I am a morning person, so this is not an issue for me and I am excited to do it.

I hope you also have a happy holiday and that you stick to the traditions most important to you. Even if that includes a loud rendition of Deck the Halls after a glass of spiked eggnog. It only comes once a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment