Sunday, March 3, 2013

Timeout! Minor Kitchen Injury

Well, I was hoping to have some salsa chicken to post here but I will have to get the measurements and photos together another time. I was also considering putting together a warm mixed bean and corn salad but I'll wait until I make it again to get that post underway as well. While quickly preparing a meal last night, I managed to get my index finger in the way of my chef's knife. Not pretty, but its stitched up and fine now. Always a good reminder to pay attention when using a knife no matter how often you do it. Funny, I was not even making the meal for myself this time! I wanted to cook something for the family since I thawed out soup to warm me up. Its pretty chilly here especially when the sun goes down.

So in short, due to a minor injury from carelessly chopping away at cilantro, sauteing vegetables, and monitoring chicken cooking at the same time I was unable to get a recipe down for a new post. Minor setback I guess you could call it but more posts are on the way; none of which encourage you to injure yourself in the process. Always be careful with knives in the kitchen as life is usually better with fingers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment