Monday, August 12, 2013

Dad's "Sundae" Birthday Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes as the dessert for my dad's birthday dinner. Thursday is actually his birthday, but since today was a rare occasion in which my brother and I were both off work, it was celebrated today. Aside from the insanely odd flavors you see here and there, my dad likes practically any kind of ice cream or frozen dessert. Neapolitan just happens to be one of his "go-to" flavors. That's where the inspiration for these cupcakes came from. If I were to do a cake, I would have made three different flavored cake layers, but the preference was cupcakes so here they are. Instead of making multiple batters, I made a chocolate cupcake paired with vanilla and strawberry buttercream. They were then topped with sundae sprinkles and a maraschino cherry. On the side was the optional caramel sauce and fudge for drizzling. Cute eh?







No comments:

Post a Comment